Last updated: 8/23/2018
This Privacy Notice applies to information that National Checking Company (“NCCO” or "we,”) collects through http://www.store.nationalchecking.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of how we collect, use and disclose information we receive from users of the Site. In cases where the Site directs you to the website of any third party, this Privacy Notice does not govern the privacy practices of such third parties. You should refer to their respective privacy policies for details on their use of your information.
Types of Information That we May Collect
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your contact, billing and shipping information, and your credit card information ("Personal Information").
We may collect Personal Information when you provide such information through the Site, such as when you establish an account, make a purchase, or use the “Contact Us” function on our Site. Your provision of Personal Information to us is completely voluntary on your part—we receive Personal Information through the Site only to respond to your inquiries or to process transactions that you request.
If you purchase products from us, your credit card information is processed by a third party vendor (such as authorize.net). Your credit information is never stored on our Site. You can review the vendor’s polices before you check out.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
• Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting the Site;
• Pages you view and links you click on within the Site;
• Standard Server Log Information
Use of Information
We may use Personal Information to process transactions that you have requested, and for our internal business purposes. We may also periodically send you information, news, announcements or other marketing communications about NCCO and its affiliates. You may unsubscribe from any of our communications at any time. Otherwise, we will only use your Personal Information collected for the purpose for which you submitted it (e.g., to process your transaction or respond to your request).
We may use information collected automatically through our Site for internal purposes, including for product development, and to evaluate and update our Site.
Sharing of Information
We may share information we collect as follows:
• Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf. Service providers may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for their own purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
• Affiliates: We may share information with our Affiliates, which they may use for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe from any of those communications at any time.
• Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
• Administrative or Legal Process: We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of our organization, our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, and customers; enforce our contracts; respond to and resolve claims or complaints; prevent fraud or for risk management purposes; and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
• Public Information: We may share public information with third parties.
• Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
• Non-personal Information: We may share non-personal information (including Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated), such as demographic and usage statistics, for any reason at our sole discretion.
We will never share or sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
Your privacy is important to us, and we use commercially reasonable efforts and reasonably available technologies to preserve the security of your Personal Information and protect it from unauthorized use or disclosure. You understand, however that no system is perfect, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any or all of the Personal Information that you transmit through the Site.
We combine technical and physical safeguards with policies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information.
Our employees, contractors, and service providers must have a legitimate business reason to access the Personal Information you provide.
Your Consent, Access to Your Information, and Retention
If you do not consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information, then do not share it with us. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to reasonable notice and legal or contractual obligations. To withdraw your consent, simply notify us in writing of the information that you no longer wish for us to maintain (subject to legal or contractual obligations).
We keep your Personal Information only as long as we need it, for as long as we deem appropriate or as long as required by applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to periodic changes and updates. These changes are effective upon posting to the Site. Please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Notice, as amended from time to time
Your California Privacy Rights/Do Not Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosures of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which you are communicating. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Our Website is directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you affirm that you reside in the United States, and you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of European Union residents.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us by mail or email with a subject of “NCCO Store Site Privacy Notice.” Our contact information is:
National Checking Company
899 Montreal Circle
St. Paul, MN 55102